Last week, we were visited by Said Hussein Iid, Minister of Agriculture of Somalia.
Mr. Said Hussein Iid had a presentation about;
- What is robotics?
- Why all engineering departments requires to work in a collaborative way.
- How a solar car works?
- Ra25 and Ra27 manufacturing processes and the faced problems while manufacturing and testing the solar cars?
- What is a solar race?
- How is the race execution and the strategies changing during the race?
- What is 3d printing and the working procedures?
- How engineers and doctors can work together?
- How big is the language barrier?
- Design and manufacturing of customizable surgical instruments.
- Importance of 3d printing in the field of medicine
We were defeated 1-0 by Brazil’s “RobôCIn” in the quarter-final match of the RoboCup 2019 held in Sydney, Australia.
We started the match with harsh attacks against our rival, however, were unable to brake the defence and score a goal in the first half of the match. In the second half of the match, we challenged our opponent with a more aggressive tactic. However, we scored a goal to our own goal post accidentally just 30 seconds before the end of the match, as a result of the opponent’s corner kick which hit to our defender and went to the goal post of ours. Continuing the full-field press for the rest of the match, however, we lost the match 1-0 and left the tournament.